Saturday, January 25, 2014

What is Your Lifting Plan?



Hi y'all!  I know that no one has really asked but I thought I would share my lifting plan.  A very good friend of mine provided this plan to me.  She is the reigning Ms. Natural Olympia 2013, Jill Kolivoski. She is also a fantastic ART practitioner so if you are ever in the COS area and need help with injuries she is your gal!

Anyway, she developed this plan for me when I was having injury issues and the only time the injuries flare up is when I am not doing this plan.  I only lift 2 days/week.  She wants me to do 3 days/week but I just can't get that third day in, particularly when I am in the midst of the triathlon training.  

I do 4 sets of each exercise and increase the weight each set.  I do this particular plan for 4 weeks and then switch to the next plan she provided.  I won't provide that right now but it is works all the same muscle groups but with different exercises. 

Day One - Shoulders/Chest/Arms
  1. Shoulder Press 
  2. Barbell Curl
  3. Skull Crusher
  4. Lateral Raise
  5. Overhead Tricep
  6. Upright Row
  7. Chest Press
  8. Hammer Curl
  9. Overhead Extension
Day Two - Legs/Back
  1. Squat 
  2. Deadlift
  3. Dip
  4. Pull-up
  5. Leg Extension
  6. Leg Curl
  7. Lat Row
  8. Lunges
  9. Donkey Kicks
  10. Rhomboid Pull

Day Three- 300 Day.  This is 3 sets of 10 again increasing weight w/each set.  Thus, the name 300.
  1. Chest Press
  2. Shoulder Press
  3. Barbell Curl
  4. Decline Situps
  5. Pull-up
  6. Dip
  7. Upright Row
  8. Tricep Extension
  9. Squat Jumps
  10. Set-ups

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Is there a reason why you're doing mixed compound and isolation exercises, rather than compound first and isolation to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, that is a good question and one I will ask her after I make sure that I didn't screw up the order inadvertently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lifting! Right now, I am just back to do P90X. I found it did wonders 3 years ago, especially for my arms, abs and back. Glad to see other women out there lifting. Its benefits are so overlooked

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! "No one has asked". Isn't that what blogging is all about? Glad you have a plan that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete